SelectSpin microlate Spinner is the first centrifuge designed specifically for quick and easy centrifugation of samples in microplates. Centrifuges that accept microplates are typically larger units that take up valuable space on the bench.
The unique design of the Plate Spinner, results in a compact centrifuge that has an extremely small footprint - just 15 x 15 cm. Two standard microplates are loaded through a slot in the top of the unit.
Plates are loaded vertically - surface tension keeps samples in place so there is no danger of spilling samples. Upon pressing the button on the front of the unit, the rotor quickly accelerates the microplates to 2,500 rpm. Releasing the button engages the brake and brings the rotor to a stop.
For temperature sensitive applications, the Plate Spinner may be used in a cold room.
- Speed: 2,500rpm
- Maximum Capacity: 2 standard microplates
- Ambient Operating Range: 4° to 35°C
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 15.24 x 15.24 x 17.78 cm
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Electrical: 230V, 50 Hz
Features and Benefits
- Designed specifically for centrifugation of microplates
- Capacity for two standard plates
- Top loading design
- Exceptionally small footprint
- Starts and stops in seconds