The Magnetic Induction Stirrer by Heathrow Scientific is motor-less, using advanced coil technology that produces the strongest magnetic coupling and has no moving parts making this unit 100% wear-free and maintenance free.
The Magnetic Induction Stirrer uses modern magnetic coil technology that has no moving parts resulting in a motor-less wear-free drive and maintenance free unit. High-quality rare-earth magnets are used in the stirrer design to ensure a strong magnetic coupling with consistent accurate alignment which significantly reduces the chance of spin-outs. The magnetic induction stirrer is ideal for use in general research, life science, industrial, quality analysis, and clinical laboratory settings.
The magnetic coil technology works on the inductive principle with alternative current (AC) as its driving force.
The generated moving magnetic field drives the spinning of the stir bar in the vessel.
Several advantages come with a motor-less magnetic stirrer versus a traditional magnetic stirrer.
- No heat is generated after hours of continuous use making this unit ideal for temperature sensitive samples and environments
- Quiet operation and low vibration helps users stay focused in the lab
- The magnetic field driving the stir bar maintains continuous constant speeds for reproducible results
- Powerful stirring for use with viscous liquids
- Can be operated at very low speeds such as 10rpm
- Durable ABS housing is corrosion resistant and easy to clean
- Wear-free magnetic coils offer consistent and noiseless operation
- An easy to read digital display precisely controls time and speed enabling reproducible conditions
- Unit is programmable with 50% duty up to 99 cycles
- Time and speed can be conveniently adjusted while the unit is running
- Reverse rotation option for better mixing results
- Speed remains constant, even when load changes
- Rapid acceleration and braking (less than 10 seconds) to quickly meet stirring speed requirements
- Silicone rubber mat on lid prevents slipping of vessels and improves safety
- Included stir bars have PTFE coating for chemical resistance
Max Stirring Capacity: 3000ml
Speed Range: 10 - 2,000rpm
Stirrer Mode: 0’30sec to 60’0sec or continuous
Oscillating Mode: 0’30” to 60’0” and 1–99 cycles
Oscillating Period: 50% duty cycle
Capacity: 3 Liters Plus
Mixing Surface: Approx. 160 mm in diameter
Weight: 1.13 kg (2.50 lb)
Power Adapter Rating:
Input: 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz 1.0A
Output: 12 VDC 2.2A
Input: 12 VDC
Current (under load): Approx. 1.5 A
Power: Approx. 18W
- Magnetic Induction Stirrer
- 2 Stir bars 35 mm x 12 mm Cylindrical Shape
- 1 low voltage, double insulated power adapter with 4 interchangeable plugs