Easily Seal and Cover Flakes, Beakers and Bottles with have no stoppers or screw cap lids.
Parafilm® M is a unique self-sealing, moldable and flexible film for numerous uses in the typical laboratory including electron microscope laboratories. Parafilm® M has unique permeability properties, impressive water vapor transport properties, and is resistant to many common reagents. With the use of the special Parafilm® M dispenser, which is sized to take either the 50 mm or 100 mm wide rolls, one can conveniently cut off uniform sized strips or squares of 50.8 mm in length. The thickness of all Parafilm products is 127µm.
Parafilm® is ideal for the scientific laboratory because it is a thermoplastic, self-sealing film. It holds moisture loss to a minimum. It offers excellent protection for the contents of tubes, flasks, and petri dishes. The unique properties of the film enable it to cling around even irregular shapes and convoluted surfaces. Parafilm® M can be stretched 3-4 times its original length before breaking.
- Non-toxic and free from plasticizers, primarily composed of polyolefins and paraffin waxes offering good resistance against acids, alkalis and some organic solvents—use not recommended with acetone, diethyl ether or tetrachloride
- Protect the integrity of research applications with a tight moisture-barrier that holds a strong seal and doesn’t release from glassware, despite off-gassing
- Reduce the risk of tampered data with a covering that is odorless, colorless and semi-transparent
- Prevents moisture and volume loss due to material composition and tight seal
- Flexible and self-sealing material allows it to cling around irregular shapes and surfaces
- Stretches more than 200% of original length
- Resistant up to 48 hours against many polar substances such as saline solutions, inorganic acids and alkaline solutions
- Two color options available in 2” rolls (natural and purple) for color coding purposes
Efficient and cost-effective covering for:
- Test tubes
- Petri dishes
- Various other instruments and objects with irregular surfaces
- Overwrap to further secure stoppers, lids and caps
- Shelf or tray liner to prevent slipping of bottles or instruments